Apply ONLY if you have Child Care Experience Job Type: Full Time
Position: Full Time Teacher Pre School Teacher
Children's Lighthouse of Forney is a pre school that provides quality care and education for children from six weeks to twelve years of age. We are looking for qualified teachers to join our team who can provide our students with a safe, loving and nurturing educational experience.
Our overall mission is to provide parents with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home. This mission can only be accomplished through a team of passionate childcare professionals who combine their talents to provide an unparalleled level of care and compassion for children and their families. Our research-based curriculum and home-based environments are the leading edge of early education.
Early Childhood Education, 1 Year MUST HAVE
Enjoy the many benefits of working at Children's Lighthouse of Forney Education:
- $ 500 Bonus Sign on
- 1/2 Price childcare
- Free childcare - if you kid is over 4.5 years old apply now for terms & conditions!
- NEW! 401(k) with employer match
- Educational and professional development
- Comprehensive benefit package for all full-time employees, including:
- Paid time off that increases with seniority
- Medical, dental, vision options available
- Additional life, disability, and retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
Teaching MUST HAVES :
- Enjoys children and expresses genuine interest in them
- Speaks with calm, gentle voice
- Listens carefully and respectfully
- Teaches children to problem solve
- Utilizes teachable moments
- Must be able to focus on individual while being aware of what is happening everywhere
- Uses positive statements, is positive role-model
- Interacts consistently with children
- Must be able to maintain orderly, calm environment
- Supports cultural differences
- Ability to move from one activity to another without chaos
- Maintains positive parent interaction
- Provides teacher made enrichments Teacher encourages positive behavior, often getting down to child’s level)
- Children allowed to make choices
- Uses Positive Redirection
Job Function and Responsibilities:
- Full Time Teacher Pre School Teacher
- Individual attention given to each child, including playing and talking
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with children, families and co-workers.
- Maintain a safe, healthy and clean environment.
- Routines such as diapering, potty-training, feeding, sleeping and indoor and outdoor activity times
- Professional collaboration with co-teachers and staff to promote the general well-being of the school and the collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.
- Remain in constant compliance with Minimum Standards for Child -Care Centers, such as (but not limited to) staff to student ratios and health and safety regulations.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude in any situation.
- Provide a positive and nurturing environment for the children.
- Responsible for health and safety of the children – not excessive accidents
- Consistently keep clean and maintain the classroom areas (including bathrooms)
- Maintains and effective room arrangement- permanent, no running spaces, shelves used as dividers,
- Material at child level (approved by Management)
- Maintain Learning wall, Parent board and Teacher board
- Childrens art displayed
- Equipment out and children taught to use it properly
- Follows class schedule
- Provides consistent and constant supervision of all children. Children never left alone.
- Shelves have toys and manipulatives attractively displayed and labeled
- Lesson plans completed on time, consistently, posted, supply list turned in
- Lesson plans reflect current curriculum and Character Value
- Consistent planning and effective use of transitions including hallway transitions
- Circle time, story time and music planned and carried through
- An organized and structured daily schedule is implemented daily.
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree(preferred)
- Salary: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
Children's Lighthouse of Forney Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Forney, TX 75126: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Childcare: 2 years (Required)